Blog of the Berlin joint project BeCOIL
Berlin University of Economics and Law
Badensche Strasse 52
10825 Berlin (Germany)
Prof. Dr. Andrew Zaby
Data Protection Officer:
Vitali Dick (HiSolutions AG)
Badensche Strasse 52
10825 Berlin (Germany)
Purposes of the processing activity:
– Editorial information about the range of services offered by the Berlin BeCOIL joint project.
– Publication of contact details of the BeCOIL joint project.
– Log files to ensure the security of the information technology systems.
Processed personal data:
– Content data of the blog posts
– base data
– Web server log data
– Cookie data
Legal basis of the processing activity:
– Editorial information about the range of services offered by the BeCOIL joint project, publication of the contact details of the project manager – the legal basis is Section 3 BlnDSG in conjunction with Section 4 (3) BerlHG in conjunction with Section 6 (1) 12 BerlHG.
– Log files to ensure the security of the information technology systems – the legal basis is Art 6 (1) c in conjunction with Art. 32 DSGVO and §50 BlnDSG.
– Cookie: Section 3 BlnDSG in conjunction with Section 4 (3) BerlHG in conjunction with Section 6 (1) 12 BerlHG. It is a technical required cookie. Consent is not required.
Categories of recipients / data transfer to a third country:
Editorial blog articles can be accessed by web application users worldwide .
Duration of storage of personal data:
– Publication of contact details of the BeCOIL joint project: Until the consent is revoked or 30 days after the employee leaves HWR Berlin or a change of function within HWR Berlin.
– Log files to ensure the security of the information technology systems: 30 days after the log files were collected.
– Cookie: After the end of the browser session (session cookie).
Rights of the data subject:
The person affected by the processing has rights in accordance with Art. 13 – 23 GDPR, which can be asserted against the HWR Berlin. An overview of the most important rights is listed below:
– Right to information about data stored by the person responsible (HWR Berlin) according to Art. 15 DSGVO.
– Right to correction of data stored by the person responsible (HWR Berlin) according to Art. 16 DSGVO.
– Right to erasure of data stored by the person responsible (HWR Berlin) in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR.
– Right to restriction of processing of data stored by the person responsible (HWR Berlin) in accordance with Article 18 GDPR.
– Notification obligation in connection with the correction or deletion of personal data or the restriction of processing according to Art. 19 DSGVO.
– Right to data portability according to Art. 20 GDPR.
– Right to object to data processing if processing is required under Art. 6 (1) e GDPR for the performance of a task that is in the public interest or in the exercise of public authority under Art. 21 GDPR.
– Right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing – including profiling – which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
– Right to notification according to Art. 34 GDPR of the person affected by a breach of the protection of personal data.
exercise of rights
If you would like to exercise your rights, please contact the data protection officer named above or submit the request using the link .
Right to appeal:
The person concerned also has the right to complain to a supervisory authority about the HWR Berlin. The competent supervisory authority in the state of Berlin is
Berlin Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information
Automated Decision Making:
There is no automated decision-making or profiling.
The following plugins are used to operate the blog blog.hwr-berlin.de/berliner-coil-verbund/ :
– Antispam Bee: Recognizes spam comments and moves them to the spam folder. There is no storage of data.
– Duplicate Page: Duplicate posts, pages and individual posts with one click. There is no storage of data.
– H5P : Allows to upload, create and share rich interactive content on the WordPress website. There is no storage of data.
– TablePress : allows creating and managing tables in posts and pages without using HTML code and adds useful features for the visitors. There is no storage of data.